Evolution alarm applet for KDE?

I've recently started on a job where all the e-mail (and calendar) is done on an exchange server, so more than ever I need an app or applet to warn me when an appointment scheduled on the evolution calendar is due. I"ve tried using the built in evolution reminders, but they dont seem to work (I dont use audio warnings, because I'm usually on the phone helping clients to fix their computers, and the graphical warnings never appear.) I've tried searching for any applet that could work integrating KDE alarms with evolution , but seems like this doesnt exist. Any ideas on where I could find any app/applet that does this evolution/kde warning integration (if it exists)?
Thanks,
Pedro Macedo