Re: when upgrading from FC4 to FC5 from the DVD what will happen to the Extra pakages?

Ali Helmy wrote:
So, i conclude that if I have a FC4 system and do an upgrade from the DVD to FC5, then yum update, my installed programs won't be "wiped-out" and they'd still work, right?

Nothing is certain, however the likelihood is high that they will work. The people keeping Fedora Extras and also Livna seem to be keeping the programs running after upgrading the packages from repos outside of core.

Jim

--
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
		-- Albert Einstein