RE: yum updates fails in FC5

They've made some major mistake during development.

They appearently assumed they could have one single 'redirect' file on
download.fedoraproject.org to redirect anyone to a random set of mirrors,
but instead of mirrors this file only replies with the single
download.fedoraproject.org mirror... :/

>From what I read on the development list, I assume you could adjust your
/etc/yum.repos.d files to use the mirrorlist:

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-5-redirect

as

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-5

only replies with the