Re: firewall trick for faster BitTorrent downloads

On Mon, 2006-20-03 at 15:15 -0500, Phil wrote:
> I diabled my firewall to test out bittorrent... still no luck....
Check with your ISP, they may be blocking Bittorent.

Many Large ISP's are blocking P2P ports and some have layer 4
filters that detect torrent traffic even if it is run on
alternate ports.

If you are using the latest version of Azureus you can enable
Transport Encryption options under :
Tools -> Options...
 Connection -> Transport Encryption

Note: Not all clients support Transport Encryption yet, but
if your ISP is blocking torrent traffic and will not make an
exception for you, this may get you going.