Re: Add/Remove software error

kevin.j.lisciotti@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

I just installed FC5 from the DVD iso and when I go to the add/remove software option, the package manager opens up but gives an error saying unable to retrieve software information. The DVD is in the drive, and the only option is to click OK and then the program closes out. The machine is not currently connected to the internet.

What am I doing wrong here?? :)

I suspect you need to be connected to the Internet, as I don't *think* the add/remove software program supports repos on CDs yet.

Paul.