Re: livna for FC5 launched

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Just in time with FC5 we are proud to announce rpm.livna.org support for
FC5 on x86, x86_64 and for the first time for ppc as well. Installation
instructions can as usually be found on the Configuration page at

http://rpm.livna.org/configuration.html

Usually all that is needed to use livna is to run

rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm

After that you can start installing packages from livna via yum.
Together with this new release a debuginfo and a development repository
have been established as well. The repo-layout was slightly changed and
is now similar to the layout used in Extras and Core. To browse the FC5
repo start at:

http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/5/

A note for users of ati-fglrx and nvidia-glx: The drivers currently
don't work with the FC5 release kernel due to a bug in it. A updated
kernel that should fix this issue should be pushed as a regular Fedora
updated soon. Updated kernel modules probably will follow shortly after
that. Site note: The driver packages got renamed; they are now
xorg-x11-drv-fglrx and xorg-x11-drv-nvidia.

Another note: We now use the new standard for packaging kernel-modules
that was developed in fedora-extras. All kernel modules got renamed due
to that and the handling is a bit different, but in the end handling of
kernel-modules hopefully gets easier in the end.

Enjoy.

CU
thl

P.S.: In case of problems file a bug at bugzilla.livna.org ; tia

I did an upgrade and needed to use rpm -Uvh instead of -ivh

Thanks!

Jim

--
I'll see you... on the dark side of the moon...
		-- Pink Floyd