Re: De-activate a swap partition - I don't believe it!

On Monday 20 March 2006 03:31, jdow wrote:
> From: "Anne Wilson" <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Rebooting didn't help.  During bootup it reported
>
> And now you get to do it the hard way if the data is worth saving. Read
> everything you can about disk recovery and about the ext2fs disk
> organization you can find. Then limp through it. Figure on it keeping you
> preoccupied for a day or two or even more. It is guaranteed to be painful.
>
> {o.o}   Been there. Done that. Recovered. Cherish the tee-shirt. Try not
>         to wear it too often. {^_-}

There's no panic, Joanne.  I'll not spend too much time on trying to recover.
Everything was backed up, and it needed some reorganisation anyway.  For
interest's sake, I'll try it first, but it might be better anyway to have a
fresh start.  At least that way I'd have things better organised.

Anne