Re: De-activate a swap partition

From: "Anne Wilson" <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

===8<--- Quoth Anne
I want to reorganise partitions on hdb - combining some, to make fewer, larger partitions. gparted says that I can't do that, because hdb11 is being used as a swap partition. I do have a swap on hda, so could easily manage wihout it temporarily. Is there any way to do that without rebooting? I removed it from fstab and did 'mount -a', but that doesn't solve the problem. I think I'm right in saying that it is not mounted, in a conventional sense, so I don't know how to proceed.
===8<--- quoth jdow
apropos swap

Note "swapon" and "swapoff".

{^_^}