Re: Can scp be used to update a directory?

On Sunday 19 March 2006 02:38, Jeff Vian wrote:
> > Hmm - I'm getting something badly wrong here:
> >
> > [anne@david ~]$ rsync -auvz /home/anne/ ssh:anne@borg:/home/anne/
> > --exclude .* > ~/Desktop/rsynctest.txt
>
> The .* includes all hidden (.xxxx) files, the .. (parent) directory, and
> the . (current) directory.  It may not have been what you wanted.

Of course - I had overlooked the . and .. directories.  That explains what
happened.  So, how can I rsync all my home folder, excluding the hidden files
and, say Desktop and Download directories?  I'd realy appreciate an example.

I'm managing to get workable recursive directory copies now, but if I have to
do a manual listing of those transfers I would miss any new ones created.

Anne