Re: mount Win partitions

Greetings Paul ,

Paul Howarth wrote:
Eric Beversluis wrote:

For my protection, should I have ntfs mount read-only? if so, do I
replace one of the zeros at the end of the line with 'r'? Does it matter
which one?

Replace "defaults" with "ro".

Well if you use the ntfs read only module ( during kernel compilation ) then defaults will do just fine , since there is no write possibility . Not to mention
here that especially in 2.4 kernels using the NTFS write module is strongly
discouraged . In 2.6 kernels there is some writing capability but will a lot of limitation , so IMHO sticking with the safety of the read-only module would
be OK .

Paul.

Kostas