Re: Can scp be used to update a directory?

On Saturday 18 March 2006 21:42, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 13:37, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 March 2006 19:20, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> > > Try to use the -e flag :
> > >
> > >     rsync -auvz -e ssh from where
> >
> > I've hit a brick wall there, Luc.  I set up keychain to monitor both
> > ssh-keys and gpg-keys, but I keep getting messages that one of my gpg
> > keys is not found.  When I tried a command with the -e flag as you
> > suggested it immediately failed with "/home/anne/.keychainrc: line 1:
> > 2F62DB48: command not found".
> >
> > I had put this problem aside for the moment, thinking that the gpg-key
> > was not important in this situation, but it looks as though I was wrong.
> > It looks as though I may have to address this problem first.
>
> That sounds like a local keychain problem.  If you don't use it
> at all or don't use ssh keys, it should just prompt you for the
> remote password.
>
> Test with somethng like 'ssh remote_server id'.  Once that works
> you should be able to use 'rsync -e ssh ...'.

I can do 'ssh anne@borg' and connect to the remote box - no problem, and the
key is passed.  What I'm trying to do is find the commands I will need so
that I can put together a script to do regular copies across the lan.

I'll struggle on with the docs - it's no worse than the first time I got
gpg-agent going ;-)

Anne