Re: Help Please Can I reinsall FC 2 without losing my data

Bakup the data is the first choice, i think.

Paul F. Johnson wrote:

Hi,

I reboot the computer And used FC2's First CD with Linux rescue mode I
did not get any errors . after continuing many steps
the message I got  " Your system is mounted under the /mnt/sysimage
directory"
and the shell prompt came. sh-2.05b# The result of "ls" command:
bin             etc           linuxra             mnt
oldtmp sbin sys usr dev lib lost+fund modules
proc        selinux         temp             var

You can get to your old system by issuing

chroot /mnt/sysimage

and from there, you should be able to fix the problem - assuming you
know what the problem is in the first place!

My question is if I reinstall FC2 without  any modification on dsk
partitions, is it possible to loose my data "database and programs" that I have under usr/local/ ?

Results may vary, but I've never managed it.

TTFN

Paul