ssh times out trying to login to machine outside the LAN

I'm pretty sure the ssh configurations are all pretty much stock. Just looked at the configuration files and didn't see anything that I can recall changing.

I can ssh in and out on the local LAN.

My cohorts at a different company say they can log in and out. (The box in question is at yet a third company.) They had the admin on the box in question check the logs, and that admin suggested that my company's firewall was to blame. (3rd information.)

So I brought my workstation home and set it running static local IP here, and NAT redirected port 22 to the workstation. Still get timeouts. But, as I say, I can ssh both in and out of the box on the local LAN, challenge, password, etc.

Any suggestions?