Re: gaim + encryption +Fc4

yonas abraham wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't seem to get any encryption support for gaim in FC4. yum search
> gaim |grep -i encryption return noting. did I have to install it from a
> third party?
>
> thanks

http://gaim-encryption.sourceforge.net/

I have found that I need to build from source rather than use the
provided RPMs, but it is a trivial matter.  Make sure that your
mozilla-nss and mozilla-nspr (or is it mozilla-nss-devel and
mozilla-nspr-devel ?) packages are up to date -- all available via
yum and currently at version 1.7.12-1.5.2.

I am not sure of the security history of gaim-encryption, so I avoid
using it for things such as discussing passwords and such with
clients (still best done over the phone or encrypted with gpg/pgp in
my opinion), but I am guessing it provides a reasonable amount of
privacy/security.

Joe