Re: - convert m$ access files to openoffice base

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:17 +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
> kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Anyone know of a reliable way to convert m$ access data to openoffice base?
> >

> I'm fairly new to Windows, and having been thrown in at the deep end (my
> usual way of meeting new tchnology), I started out by buying the Windows
> 2003 Server Resource Kit.
>

> One of the books in the kit has sample adminstrative VB scripts, and of
> those, some read data from excel spreadsheets. I surmise from that that
> it's possible also to read access databases in VBS, and from there one
> should be able to do pretty much anything with the data.
>
> It's not a technique I'd recommend for small volumes of data, but for
> Enterprise volumes it would be well worth the trouble of nothing better
> offers itself.
----
you are getting to be a 'dark side' kind of guy.

Access db != MSSql db

I don't think you will find many Enterprise volumes in Access but I
guess anything is possible.

Of course PostgreSQL runs on both Linux and Windows and basically blows
the doors off all of the 'other' db's...

This message was posted on the postgresql-general mail list just today
(for perspective)

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-03/msg00588.php

Craig