Re: Configure sendmail to reject mail for unknown users?

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 20:29 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> These days a lot of spam is sent to the highest valued MX record
> instead of the preferred one specifically to avoid spam filtering.
> There is really not a lot of value in having a backup MX because
> the sending relays will queue for you anyway, but if you do have
> one you should run the same filtering as your primary system.

Well I opted for changing the MX record to correct our violation of
RFC1035.  Also, I removed the second MX record.  I think I'll be
retesting the whole system over the next few days to see if this doesn't
fix some problems.

Thanks again to everyone who discussed this issue with me.