Re: Are RWs a problem?

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 15:36, Tony Heaton wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 15:33 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > That was the first thing I checked.  And, as I said, k3b wrote to a CD-R
> > immediately afterwards.
>
> Does your drive support RW disks?

It's supposed to.  Considering how long it is since I used a RW, though, it's
possible that something is not as it was.

No - it's not the drive.  I've just tried it in another drive - and with a
different CD-RW.

Something very odd is happening with these disks.  I get errors, as I said, if
I ask it to simulate.  I tried doing a burn without a simulation, and it went
through the whole process, but then said it couldn't read the ISO9660 file
system.  Attemptint to mount the disk says that it doesn't exist.

It could be the disks, of course.  I'll have to dig around and see if I can
find a new one.

Anne