Re: panel disappears

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:38 -0500, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> I'm having a strange effect on my home Desktop (doesn't happen with the
> root desktop):
>
> Each time I log on, the top and bottom panels are empty. Random
> experimentation revealed that if I rt click the empty panel, go to
> properties and click 'Show hide buttons,' everything appears properly.
> This is very strange, since the hide buttons don't empty the panel, they
> close the whole panel. And the effect of returning my panel contents
> happens regardless of which state the 'Show hide buttons' check box is
> in--i.e., it's just toggling it that gets the strange but beneficial
> result of returning the contents to the visible but empty panels.
>
> EB

Update: I tried completely deleting the bottom panel and reconstructing
it. Same problem persisted, but not the 'Show hide button' doesn't do
the trick and toggling the 'Expand' button does it. Given how often I
restart my laptop in a day, this is rather annoying.

Do I need to reinstall part of all of Gnome to solve this? If so, how
would I do that?

EB