Re: Mutt Question

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 11:39:00PM -0000, Chris Norman wrote:
> Hi people,
> I want to change my from: address in mutt.
>
> At the minute, every time I send an e-mail to someone, it looks like it's
> coming from "God <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>", I'd like it as my address.
>
> How would I do this please?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris Norman
> <!-- chris.norman4@xxxxxxxxxxxx -->

Well, first of all, you should NOT be routinely using the system when
logged in as root. Root is all-powerful and a slip o'the fingers can
serious damage to your sytem.

Re your question, I haven't ever tried to do that to my mutt, but a quick
glance at the mutt manual indicates that you may find it instructive to
look at section 6.3.229, first, then section 3.12 (user-devined headers).

Good luck!
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                        The Lord is like a strong tower.