Re: Quanta - SVN questions

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 06:48 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 09:04 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > 2 - I have a document that now seems to only display as plain text
> > within Quanta whereas all my other documents have always recognized
> > the 'ruby' and 'html' code within and rendered it within the editor
> > accordingly. How do I switch a document back (since obviously it's not
> > the 'extension' because that isn't changed)?
>
> HTML is supposed to start with a doctype element (outlining whether it's
> an HTML 4.01 strict, etc., document), some editors will look for it to
> determine what sort of file that they're dealing with.  Compare your
> problem document's doctype with ones that work, and see if you can spot
> the difference.

----
makes sense but these files are mostly ruby 'partials' and there is no
doctype declaration at all and that doesn't seem to matter. It did come
back to life after I changed some of the code and saved it - seems as
though this version of Quanta+ is still a bit buggy. Evidently there's
some internal switch within Quanta+ that determines which type of visual
rendering methodology it applies and it is not the extension to the
filename but is somehow in the code itself and is a little fragile.

Now, if I could get Rex to build kdesvn for kde-redhat.repo... ;-)  that
would be a nice addition as it appears pretty functional in FC-4

Craig