Re: Sendmail authentication issue or spam?

Gbenga Shobowale wrote:
Thanks..however, I still get the same error..maybe I am doing something wrong....

    <http://cobranet.org/> "U:user_authname" "P:password"
     > "M:mechanism_to_use"

    Hey you just reminded me how I got my mail working with auth:

    /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

    FEATURE(`authinfo',`hash /etc/mail/auth/client-info')dnl

    /etc/mail/auth/client-info

    AuthInfo: smtp.host.com <http://smtp.host.com> "U:userid" "I:userid"
    "P:password"
    AuthInfo:smtp.host.com:587 <http://smtp.host.com:587> "U:userid"
    "I:userid" "P:password"

    I remember compiling the mc file to get the cf file. I don't
    remember if there were any other changes.

Well for one thing I'd leave jsut the cobranet.org (you've problably
tried that).

I just checked my cf file and found this:

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSsmtp.host.com:587

C{E}root
C{w}myhostname.uucp
C{M}myotherhostname.dnsalias.org

DMmyotherhostname.dnsalias.org

# I remember this giving me some trouble where my user couldn't send
O UserDatabaseSpec=/etc/mail/userdb.db

Unfortunately it was a couple of years ago that I set this up
and I can't remember everything I did.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site