Automounting external USB so as not required by root

I have an external USB drive. For some reason, it is not accessible to anyone using the machine unless root mounts it first. Default configuration of my system doesn't allow apparently anyone else to mount the drive but root. How do I change this so that device is mounted automatically and is accessible to anyone using the system by default?

Ferindo