Re: Enable/Disable GUI on bootup

If your using grub, press enter when you get to the grub prompt. This
takes you to the boot list.  Press e to edit and add a 3 and then boot.
This boots to run level 3 which doesn't start x.  Once your done in
terminal mode you need to run init 5 as root.  This will start the gui
login.  You can also just type startx in a terminal to get X running.