Re: Fedora 4 as a syslog server

On 3/6/06, Jonathan Carpenter <jonathan.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am wondering if anyone has any good tutorials on setting up fedora 4 as a syslog server? I see that yum finds syslog-ng but I am not entirely sure how to configure it in fedora.

syslog-ng comes with sample confs which is pretty self explanatory, though it may only be in the source code and does not come with the rpm version, so you just need to download the source code and extract the sample config files. Also, in the source contrib/ dir, there's alaso a syslog2ng conversion script, which can also be helpful.

- Yang