Re: Query about Xvid avi codecs

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 09:02:04PM +0530, Vikram Goyal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a movie of Xvid avi format which I wanted to burn on a cd for
> standalone cdplayer.
>
> I have a no. of queries:
>
> 1} Will Xvid run on a cdplayer.
> 2} If I have to convert the movie to a diff codec, then which one and
>    how?
> 3} Some good links in this regard.
>
> Thanks

Well, answering my own query and of course due to the tips and help
given by others and digging the dirt, at last I was able to make vcds.

Below are some of the URLs for someone looking for the same.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_a_VCD_or_SVCD
http://www.fourcc.org/codecs.php
http://mightylegends.zapto.org/dvd/dvdauthor_howto.php
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6631
http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode

Hope they are usefull.

Thanks!
--
vikram...
--
Sooner or later you must pay for your sins.
(Those who have already paid may disregard this cookie).