RE: Application

> Hi
>
> I have a application wsp I am running this application by giving the
> below command
> ./wsp -d -c /usr/local/vl/wsp.conf
>
> the strange thing is that it doesnot start at all and also there is no
> logs generated also  or coredump generated
>
> How do i address this problem
>
> I am using FC4
>
> [root@bdc31099e vl]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)
> [root@bdc31099e vl]#
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> How to trace down whats happening in the background
>
> Regards
>
> Kaushal

try:
strace  ./wsp -d -c /usr/local/vl/wsp.conf

this will trace the system calls made and you can see where it stops.
Also you could run:
./wsp -d -c /usr/local/vl/wsp.conf
echo $?
and see if the return code sheds any light on what is going on.

the strace command is in package strace (in case you don't have it).

Bob Styma