Re: OOo and Firefox in Linux - Unrequited Love

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 12:20 +0530, Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
> Hello List,
>

> I find it baffling that the Office suite of choice for all Unixes,OOo
> should not implement scrolling horizontally using the mousewheel when the
> mouse is on the scroll bar in Linux.Ditto with Firefox.
>
> All GUIs in Linux, both under KDE and Gnome,implement this.I use Opera to
> browse, which is not a great darling of Linux users,that implements this.
> But the great darlings-OOo,Firefox-do not really care to implement this
> nice unique feature of Linux Desktop. Also, look at their implementation
> printer interfaces which is inferior to any native application of both KDE
> & Gnome.
>
> It appears from the experience of using these applications on Windows and
> Linux that both these darlings do not care enough for linux though Linux
> showers them with so much love and attention.
>
> These are my feelings.I am trying to share and see what the community has
> to say.
----
I don't know about what the community might say, but I would say that I
find it baffling that someone would rather choose a public forum to
announce their desires rather than go into redhat's bugzilla or Oo's bug
reporting tool and make an entry.

It's not a bug if it's not in bugzilla...it's only someone pissing in
the wind.

Craig