Re: What's this 'Antispam UOL'

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 21:52, Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Nowadays I regularly recive replies to my postings from 'AntiSpam UOL
> <petsupermarket.sspam@xxxxxxxxxx>'.Though there appears to be discussions
> on this on the list,having not followed from the beginning,I could not
> make any sense of it.
>
> If the full header is listed,message seems to go from one shadow5 to
> uol.com.br whose antispam returns the message.Produced below.

> (Postfix) with ESMTP id BECC26C2261 for <peebhat@xxxxxxxxx>; Tue, 7 Mar
> 2006 04:46:39 -0300 (BRT)
>
> Who is this shadow5 (172.26.5.185)?How my message went to this server?
>  From gmail SMTP or fedora-list server? or from my ISP on the way?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Parameshwara Bhat

shadow5 is part of UOL's network.  This whole thing is part of a crazy
anti-spam setup that is horribly broken.  UOL is completely ignorant.  We
haven't been able to track down the subscriber that has their mail forwarded
to UOL, so we can't eliminate this problem at the listserver end.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UOL

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx