Re: Still no joy with yum

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 21:16 -0600, Bruce Bales wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 March 2006 20:38, Craig White wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 20:17 -0600, Bruce Bales wrote:
> > > I ran 'yum update' and thought everything was working until I tried 'yum
> > > install mplayer.'  There were two missing dependencies.
> > >
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libfribidi.so.0 is needed by package mplayer
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libxmms.so.1 is needed by package mplayer
> > >
> > > I found them on an Ubuntu install on the same hard drive and copied them
> > > to /usr/lib/ , but yum doesn't recognize them yet.
> > >
> > ----
> > bad idea to copy binaries compiled on a different version of compiler
> >
> > why don't you upload output of 'yum info' so we can see which
> > repositories you are using.
> ----
> > wait - scratch that...too much info.
> Yes, I lost everything before the last 2000 lines.
>
> > how about
>
> > cat /etc/yum.repos/*
>
> > Craig
>
> > cat /etc/yum.repos/*
>
> [bruce@blacky etc]$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/*
>
> ###################
> ## Fedora Extras ##
> ###################
>
> [extras]
> name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch
> baseurl=http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
>   http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
>   http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
>
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
> #
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
> gpgcheck=0
> gpgkey=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras[base]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> [updates-released]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> [livna-stable]
> name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.stable
> gpgcheck=1
>
> [livna-unstable]
> name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)
> baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.unstable
> gpgcheck=1
>
> [livna-testing]
> name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
> [...]
----
try putting line...

enabled=1

in livna-stable and fedora-extras

I believe that would be in /etc/yum.repos/livna.repo
and /etc/yum.repos/fedora-extras.repo

but ESPECIALLY take care to put that line in livna-stable (not testing
or unstable at this point)

then run yum...

what I can't figure out is...

where you got this mplayer rpm from if you don't have those repositories
enabled and if you got that much installed, why weren't they enabled?

and I'm not sure where you are getting information from but be sure to
check into www.fedorafaq.org

Craig