Re: FC5T3 Wireless networking, and Inplace upgrade to final FC5?

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 03:53:44PM -0500, Terry Snyder wrote:
> I have a BCM94306MPSG Broadcom wireless network card "Dell Truemobile
> 1350" the Kernel and system finds the network hardware, but doesn't
> seem to make a connection to my wireless network.  Has anyone else
> tried this on a wireless network card and have it work?
>
> I did a clean install on a test hard drive, and the system sees the
> wireless network card as "Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g
> Wireless LAN Controller"
>
> Also I am looking at upgrading my FC4 after FC5 comes out.  Will there
> be a way to upgrade FC5 with out wiping out my old configurations,  I
> did an upgrade from FC3 to FC4 and all of the /boot was wiped out, and
> some of the software needed to be reinstalled.  Any way to maybe stop
> that from happening when I upgrade this time?  Kind of new at
> upgrades, all other installs were clean installs.
Ant configuration you want to keep (your home directory, roots home
directory, /etc . etc can be placed in a tar file(s) and restored on
your new machine. Network configuration is in /etc.
Also be aware of the -k option on untarring. It will not overlay any
existing file with a file from the tar with the same name. Not
overlaying new gnome configuration files is a good use of this
feature.

Real Users find the one combination of bizarre input values that shuts
down the system for days.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University