Problem mysql 4.1 to mysql5 -

I have two FC4/mysql4.1 computers I believe to be set up identically, I installed mysql5 in both, the first one made the change without a hitch but the second refuses to install with the error message:

"./bin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Installation of system tables failed!"

Libstdc++  appears to be present?

Can anyone offer a helpful suggestion?

BobG

./configure
NOTE: This is a MySQL binary distribution. It's ready to run, you don't
need to configure it!

To help you a bit, I am now going to create the needed MySQL databases and start the MySQL server for you. If you run into any trouble, please consult the MySQL manual, that you can find in the Docs directory.

Installing all prepared tables
./bin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5:
cannot open
Installation of system tables failed!

Examine the logs in ./data for more information. You can also try to start the mysqld daemon with:
./bin/mysqld --skip-grant &
You can use the command line tool
./bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
database and look at the grant tables: