Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Les Mikesell wrote:

Would you accept that line of reasoning from Microsoft or any
other commercial vendor:
 "We supply a disk of unsafe programs - if you run them and
 have problems, don't expect us to fix them, it's your fault
 for running them.  They were just on the disk to look at..."
Should we expect less from fedora?
The security features provided in Fedora is probably the best that you can get out of any operating system.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Security/

Feel free to look at pace of security fixes being provided and check out how competitive that is to any other operating system. So the pace of security updates is not what I am talking about. My line of reasoning is dont install and add yourself additional burden over management of software that you dont use. Simple.

--
Rahul