Re: multiple root accounts

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 07:11:05PM +0000, azeem ahmad wrote:
<snip>
> >--
> making alias to 0, how it could be done?
> and also the scenario is someone once changed my machine's root password.
> now if i had another root account i could access my machine and reset root
> password again

There an easier way to that. When the grub menu comes up type e to edit
the line highlighted line. Then put a 1 at the end of the line.
Then when you type b you will boot into run level 1 as root user. Then
you can change the root passwd, Hit ctl-d I think will reboot the
machine to run level 5 and you now know the root passwd.

Two more things:
pinfo grub will give you the details of this process.
Any one who has access to your console can do this so watch out.

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484