Re: the new 1833 kernel and ipw2200 connectivity.

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 16:36 -0600, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I installed the 1833 kernel that was supposed to help with ipw2200
> connectivity. I was disappointed. It is not much worse then 1831 but for it to
> work at all you need the line: options ipw2200 hwcrypto=0
> in the /etc/modprobe.conf . This line caused connection to fail every
> time with the 1831 kernel, And neither work as well as the:
> 2.6.11-1.1369 kernel that came on the CD.

I'd be happy to know which packages I need to install/configure just to
get an ipw2200 series card working at all. I have a beginner out there
I'm trying to help with FC4 and he has a Gateway laptop with this series
of wireless adapter (at least that's what I'm able to gather - it's an
Intel Calexico) in it. Everything else on this guy's laptop worked
pretty much out of the box.

He currently is running the 1831 kernel as well.

Can anyone direct me to some pointers where I can find a good ipw2200 on
FC4 howto?

Cheers,

Chris

--