RE: Setting up a tftp-server in fedora?

After you have enabled tftpd I would think it sufficient to send
the xientd a SIGHUP

e.g.

# pkill -1 -P 1 -x xinetd

If you run a RedHat based distro you could alternatively

# service xientd restart

Check your syslog if xinetd has reinitialized

$ grep xientd /var/log/messages | tail

You could also check if xinetd has opened a listening socket for
tftp (according to my services port 69/tcp)

# lsof -i tcp:tftp

or

$ netstat -tlnp|awk '$4~/:69$/'