Re: Kademlia on aMule always firewalled

Paul Smith wrote:
The port 4662 is forwarded and I temporarily stopped my firewall, but
no progress. Any ideas?
Have you checked that you have port 4662 udp enabled? Since amule is a direct port of emule to linux, it should ask you for two ports, one for tcp (traditional emule protocol) and one udp, for the Kademlia protocol. If it doesnt work, you can do some digging with strace.. Run amule with strace -o output_file amule . Let it try to connect, then search for "bind" or "open" on that file. That should tell you exactly what ports amule is trying to bind (connect) to.

--
Pedro Macedo