Re: ProFTP login horror

Marcel Janssen wrote:
On Tuesday 28 February 2006 20:07, Les Mikesell wrote:
PAM has separate files under /etc/pam.d for each service that
uses it.  Have you checked there to see if it is configured
for the same system-auth set of lookups that the other
services use?

Well, there's a /etc/pam.d/proftpd file there but whether the content is correct I have no idea. I'm not familiar with PAM authentication method that well.

I have this in the file :

#%PAM-1.0
auth required pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny file=/etc/ftpusers onerr=succeed
auth       required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required	pam_shells.so
account    required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth

On the other hand I read that I need /etc/pam.d/ftp instead of /etc/pam.d/proftp, but I guess since the proftp file is supplied with the RPM, it doesn't make a difference.

regards,
Marcel

Is the user in the /etc/ftpusers file?

Also, what does /var/log/messages reveal when you try to login?