Re: no sound from internal mono channel on Aopen MiniPC

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 27 February 2006 14:37, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>>I still think alsamixer has a channel to control the sound to this
>>internal device through the sound card.
>>

> On some sound cards alsamixer definitely does have a channel for pcspkr (mine
> does), but I would agree that there would have to be some way of forwarding
> the speaker output to the sound card.
>
> Anne

This is an input channel. A lot of sound cards have an input that
you can tie the MB speaker output to, so that it comes through the
sound card. But I think the OP is talking about a single speaker
that gets the output of the sound card if you do not have anything
plugged into the speaker jack. I have a couple of Compaq systems
that have a setup like that. As long as I do not have anything
plugged into the speaker jack in the back, or the headphone jack in
the front, the built-in speaker gets the output of the sound card.
If I have something plugged in, then that is used instead.

Mikkel