Re: Problem installing from ISO

linux70@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I may be having a brain-freeze this morning but I followed the directions (burned the ISO's over to 4 CD's) and when I put the first CD in the CD drive, and reboot, all I get is a blinking cursor, then it boots from the hard drive to Windoze. I checked the bios and the CD drive is 1rst in the bootlist priority. This is new CD software (Sonic DigitalMedia) so I may be missing something. I assume when I reboot, the Fedora install menu should come up. Any ideas?

once you went to Windows, try to browse the CD and see if you can see a bunch of folders and files in it. If it is just one file, then you didn't burn it correctly.

do a checksum on the downloaded iso before you burn them too

--
Yonas Abraham, PhD
Registered Linux user number 407343 http://counter.li.org