Re: How to make programs link the lib64/* instead of lib/* on FC4?

Paul Howarth wrote:

> ./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64

I think you'll find libdir in configure is setting the destination for
libraries to be installed to and doesn't affect this problem.

You can usually override LDFLAGS to enforce looking at the right libs, eg,

./configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64

but how to do that depends on the configure script.  Did you compile
with -m64 CFLAGS?

-Andy