Re: New DHCP For Linux?

taharka wrote:
The new DHCP client is being proposed by kernel developer Stefan Rompf
and will (when completed) automatically recognize when a Linux user has
disconnected from a particular DHCP server and look for a new
connection.
nifd already does this.

This level of functionality also doesn't belong in the kernel. If it's in the kernel, I can't change the behaviour. I may want to make it behave like APIPA in Windows, or something more specific to my environment...

Alan