Re: Dovecot not fetching my mail?

Ryno Burger wrote:
Hi guys,

Have a strange problem here...

I have upgraded to FC5 test this morning. I have backed up my virtual servers via virtualmin / webmin. After the new install of my FC5 test system I restored my virtual servers, made changes to Postfix to listen to a non default port (25) for mail. My mail gets delivered to the correct user on my server and sit there to be fetched. I started up dovecot and made sure that it listens to all sources for incoming connection. I made sure by telnet into my port 143 and 110, all good. I configured my email client and ran the "test settings" option, all good. But it simply doesn't download the email from the server, while I know for a fact there is about 10 email in my mail folder on the server.

Any help will be appreciated.

You do know that the FC5 doevcot has major changes in the configuration file format?

http://wiki.dovecot.org/UpgradingDovecot

If that's not the issue, you'll probably be better off asking on fedora-test-list.

Paul.