Good News from eAccelerator

With FC5 coming close, I tested the 2/15/06 beta from eAccelerator.
This version works with PHP 5.1. If you have a great deal of PHP, EA
increases performance of PHP scripts by caching them in compiled
state, so that the overhead of compiling is almost completely
eliminated. This is particularly effective with "includes"
particularly during traffic spikes. It also speeds up squirrel
noticeably.

The stable version of php-eaccelerator is in Fedora Extras.

If anyone wants to try the beta (not recommended on a production
server) I have an rpm available on request.

--
Our DNSRBL -
           Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com