Re: NFS - mount: permission denied

Gilboa Davara:
>> Does the client's hostname/IP pair appear in the server's /etc/hosts
>> list?

Clodoaldo Pinto:
> Yes, it does:
>
> # cat /etc/hosts
> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> # that require network functionality will fail.
> 127.0.0.1               s0 localhost.localdomain localhost
> 10.1.1.101      dkt

You're trying to give something a machine hostname (s0) on the localhost
address.  The top line should really be this, precisely:

  127.0.0.1  localhost.localdomain  localhost

If you're applying a hostname to a machine, then you want to do so to a
real interface (somewhat like your second entry), particularly so when
it's networked to other machines.

You may need to make it a fully qualified domain name, even if it's a
fake one, as some things will insist on there being at least one dot in
the name (some servers, generally).

e.g. 10.1.1.101  dkt.localdomain  dkt

>>> The server is fc5t3 and the client fc4

You're probably best asking on the test list about FC5-related errors,
it may be the cause of your problem.

Firewall rules or SELinux contexts could also be playing a part in your
problems.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.