Re: Boot problem W2k/FC4 -

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 08:01 -0500, bobgoodwin wrote:
> I have installed Windows 2000/NTFS on /dev/hda and FC4 on /dev/hdb but
> Grub is never displayed, Windows is booted immediately.  I've tried
> installing grub in boot and mbr as offered in the installation routine
> with the same result.

You've put GRUB onto which drive?

Some people dual-booting with Windows find it easier to keep Linux
completely on its own drive (bootloaders, and all), and put an entry
into the NT loader file so that the Windows boot menu gives you the
options of which drive to boot from.

> I have a CDROM with some utilities on it that permit me to boot the
> computer with some basic Linux functions; I see that fdisk shows both
> drives toggled to "boot."

That shouldn't be a problem (assuming you mean they've got an "active"
partition that *could* be booted).

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.