Re: samba shares in FC4

> > Yes it was a typo.
> >
> > Your suggestion didn't help. I know I have the conf file right because
> > if I change the public share to something under / like /boot it works
> > fine. But because /data is a separate partition I'm having trouble.
>
> My initial thought was that it would be an SELinux issue, which could be
> fixed by doing:
>
> # chcon -R -t samba_share_t /data/public
>
> (see "man samba_selinux")
>
> but since you say it works for /boot I guess you've turned off SELinux.

I miss spoke, I do have selinux on and couldn't share boot either. Since
I turned selinux off everything is working fine.

I would like to have selinux. I did:
# chcon -R -t samba_share_t /data/public

which didn't help. The man page has it slightly different. At least I know
what the problem is.

Any suggestions?