Re: Hard drive cable question -

Mike McCarty wrote:
Carroll Grigsby wrote:

>>> snip

It's left as an exercise for the reader to dissect a cable and settle the crossover/straight-through/termination questions. My eyes are too old for that kind of crap -- especially at this hour.

All one really needs to do is read the spec.

Mike:
Having started in the pre-CP/M era, I've always been skeptical about how faithful manufacturers are in honoring specifications. (I've got a box full of old RS232 cables and adapters. No two of them are identical.)
-- cmg