Re: Modem ttyS14?

ron wrote:
> hello,
>
> Is there some way to set the pci device to another setting other than
> ttyS14? I am experimenting with some live cds and they do not include
> ttyS14 in their modem setups.
>
> My fedora core dmesg says:
>
> ttyS14 at I/O 0xa000 (irq = 3) is a 16550
>
> usually adding a sym link modem in /dev with:
>
> ln -sf /dev/ttyS14 /dev/modem
>
> works.

I think you are stuck making the symlink. The problem is that the
driver for the PCI I/O card is setting the port to ttyS14, so it
is the driver that would need to be changed. If you were not using
live CDs, you could create a udev rule, but this is not really an
option for live CDs. (You could also use setserial to change the
device.)

Mikkel