Re: usb mouse problem

2006/2/24, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:57:42PM +0200, Kari Myllykangas wrote:
> 2006/2/23, James Wilkinson <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > Kari Myllykangas wrote:
> > > I have problem with my optical usb mouse on fedora core 4.  It worked
> > fine
> > > in
> > > the kernel of 2.6.14-1.1656 and before that but not any more on
> > > 2.6.15-1.1830 or 1831. The cursor stays on the screen but it doesn't
> > > move. If I use the usual "non usb" mouse, that one works.
> > >
> > > I have tried all tips which I found from the internet. I can't solve
> > > this problem by myself alone
> >
> > You know USB devices are hot-pluggable (which means you can plug them in
> > while the system is running)? Try unplugging it and re-plugging it.
> >
> > Try it in a different USB port.
> >
> > Open a terminal and run
> > su - -c "tail -f /var/log/messages"
> > You will be prompted for the root password.
> >
> > You will see the "end" of the /var/log/messages file: many system
> > messages are logged here. Plug in the mouse, and see what lines are
> > output.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > James.
I don't know whether is really helpfull but I am running an optical
usb mouse under 2.6.15-1.1831 and works wihtout any problems.

Pilfering Treasury property is paticularly dangerous: big thieves are
ruthless in punishing little thieves.
                -- Diogenes
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484
So  in that case my system is messed up. How I can install mouse again?

I used mouseconfig, but it dosn't have any affect on the mouse. Even if I choose no mouse, the mouse continues work. Also that mouseconfig doesn't change Xorg.conf -file.

How I can say to the system, I want to reselect what kind of mouse I have?

I realised that always when i login first time, the usb mouse doesn't work. When I logout then the usb mouse starts to work

yours
Kari Myllykangas