Re: how to boot fedora core 4

l.schneide wrote:

> hi

> i got a problem to boot my just install fedora core 4. i want to tast it
> and i dont want to monify the MBR of my fist disk where the nt boot
> loader is intall

Hopefully you will get a better answer from a guru.

But if I were in your position
I would first try installing grub in your Linux partition,
and then making this partition active with fdisk.

Next I would try making a boot disk with mkbootdisk
(assuming you are running Linux).
If you don't have a floppy drive you can make a CD
with eg "mkbootdisk --iso --device=boot.iso 2.6.14"
(give the number of the Linux kernel you are running).

Thirdly you could install grub on a floppy or CD, and use that.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366